Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome to the "Miiiichael" blog

To be completely honest, I've never really understood the point of blogs.  I mean I get what they're supposed to be, but I always figured that the only people living interesting lives that would warrant a blog about them would be so busy doing crazy things that they wouldn't have time to have a blog in the first place.  And the people sitting around their computers blogging wouldn't have anything interesting to write about, since they'd just be sitting around.

But lately I've come to a little better realization of the value of putting thoughts into words, so I'm officially trying out this "blogging" thing.  I'm guessing the value of a blog for most people, and definitely me, will be in the opportunity to process my thoughts as I write them down, so that's my hope.  Plus this will give me a place to write out explanations for why I believe some of the things I do.  I often get asked what I think about  various topics, and it will be nice to have a place to point people.

Oh, and the title of this blog comes from the way that Gob says the name "Michael" (also my name) in the awesome TV show Arrested Development.  With that in mind, I'll also be making as many Arrested Development/Office/Hot Rod references as possible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZr6w--N5xA

Let the great experiment begin!
-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment